Today, as most days do lately, calls for a bulleted list. Today’s reason you ask? Because I’ve been a bloggy slacker and have a lot to catch up on…
- We went to First Baptist Church last Sunday. I loved it. I loved it that last time we went too. Jeb wasn’t on board with me the 1st time. I’m hoping I get him on board this time. We went to Sunday School and it was pretty good. We’re going to try the other young married class next week. Caden knew a few kids in his class, JL had SADIE in his class (his preschool girlfriend), and EK stayed for an hour and then was done (I count an hour as a success!)
- Jeb has worked 7 out of the last 9 days. He had last Sunday off and Tuesday. It has been nor so good for mommy’s state of mind. This morning has been good though! I’m just so tired by the time 7pm rolls around, but that’s the busy hour around here (cleaning up dinner, baths, bed, etc). I try to get dinner, baths, and pj’s on before Jeb gets home so we can spend some family time together.
- Jeb is working his last weekend day for the next few weeks RIGHT NOW. Praise Jesus.
- Caden was in the refrigerator today and EK was right with him. He closed the door and she started fussing. She started saying “mmmmeh.” So we looked around and got her milk and she was happy! She asked for milk!! Yay! We’re seeing such improvement with her speech and I couldn’t be happier.
- Meemaw and Pappaw came down to Cullman with their go-goers group from their church. They were going to Ave Maria Grotto and the Cullman Museum. EK and I met them for lunch at Rumor’s Deli and then after I picked up the boys from school I took them to Dairy Queen for snack and we ran into them their too! It was great to get to spend some time with them!
- We’re finally getting EK’s 1 year photos made this Wednesday by Katie Cochran. I went to high school with Katie and found her photography site on Facebook. She does wonderful work. I can’t wait to get some new pictures of our munchkins! Just in case you were wondering…EK turns 21 months this month. We’re only 11 months late.
- Caden goes around the house singing, “baby, baby, baby…” which is from a U2 song. We are so proud. Really, we are. I’m not kidding. He also can sing the entire Zhu Zhu babies come-er-she-i-al (that’s how he pronounces it) including the ending when they say “zhu zhu babies, hamsters, and play sets sold separately.” Cracks me up, that kid.
- Saturday the kids and I went to see Grandpa (my great grandpa and the kids great great grandpa). He turns 102 this year. He loves seeing the kids. We met mom up there. We talked to all the little old folks and they oohed and ahhed over the kiddos. They are cute if I say so myself. After we left there we went to Red Lobster where the kids scored some easter treats from a server of a different table. Then mom had to leave, so I was on my own. I took the kids to Bridge Street (a little shopping area in Huntsville) so I could get some conditioner. We got there and treked to the shops and I realized EK didn’t have her CI. So we go back to the car. I couldn’t find it there, so we re-traced our steps (both boys are walking and JL has backless flip flops on). Couldn’t find it there either, so we went back to the car. Finally I found it in EK’s seat, so after all that work, I decided we should just go to the cookie company. We got a wide variety of cookies and an icee. Next up, Caden wanted to go into the Swarovski store. The ladies were so kind and showed them all the Disney crystal figures. One of the ladies noticed EK’s CI and said she was the school speech therapist for CI kids. We talked for a while about that and she was so encouraging. After that the kids felt we needed to go to Barnes and Noble to play with Thomas, so we did…because I didn’t have anything else we needed to do…you know other than pass out from exhaustion. While we were at Barnes and Noble the boys each found a book they wanted so we got a Scooby Doo Book that feels longer than any novel than I’ve ever read and a Zhu Zhu pet book (that Caden thinks is the coolest thing since sliced bread). And we couldn’t leave EK out, she got a touch and feel book about animals. So we got in the car and they all promptly passed out. Once we got home Caden had a list of things we needed to do…first up…painting outside, next, water play…hop scotch and the “relaxer” aka Baby sit and spray thing. EK even got in on the fun.
Zhu Zhu Pet HopscotchI have more to post, but I ended up doing some stuff with the kids, going to Huntsville, eating dinner with mom and dad, buying lots of zhu zhu pets for $3.50 a piece, eating at 5 guys, driving home, cleaning up vomit, sleeping, going to therapy, eating at chuys, ebaying, and so on and so forth.
I’ll start afresh tomorrow with new and exciting amounts of endless words. Hope you all had a wonderful Monday and you don’t find yourself still awake at 11:24pm. Why am I awake you ask? I have no good reason for it. I think I’ll go get me a Weight Watchers cake and call it a night.