This fall has been fantastic. There have been so many blogworthy things to write about, but I haven’t sat down and documented it. Oh well. Rather than trying to write at length about everything…I’m just going to hit the high points.
- I got to decorate our house for fall. I love decorating for holidays, so being in a place where we’re settled and not about to move meant I got to decorate!! Makes me so excited!
Caden has been doing much better at soccer. Not many freak outs at all. We may have allegedly started bribing him….”If you freak out today you will lose the ability to watch tv the rest of the day, play with your bakugans, you will not get the other twix in your pack, and you will get money taken away. If you do not freak out you will get all of those things, and we will give you $1 per goal and 50 cents per time you kick the ball out of bounds when the other team is trying to get it into your goal.” This translated into Caden playing his little heart out and the best team in U6 division telling our coach we played them the hardest of any other team they played. We were so proud of our boys. I wish Jeb could have been there to see it. He had to work today.
- Jeb talked to JL’s class about being healthy. JL stood beside him the whole time and looked SO proud of his daddy. It made me so happy.
- Jeb’s parents came last weekend and we had such a wonderful visit with them. They kept the kids for us while we went to a party for one of Jeb’s partners. Then they went to Caden’s soccer game with us Saturday, we went to Oktoberfest, ate some phenomenal German Potato Salad, headed home, Grammy and I went shopping, we brought home some BBQ, and watched the football game. Sunday they stayed with the kids while we went to church, then we hung out at home all afternoon, that night they took us out to dinner for our birthdays, and then we ate at 32 degrees. We headed home and got ready for our whirlwind of a Monday. Monday morning they helped us out by taking the boys to school while we took EK to Children’s. We had a fantastic weekend!!
- EK had cochlear implant surgery #2 on Monday. She was a tough little girl and did wonderfully. Dr. Woolley said it was a good bit harder than her first implant. She had a lot of inflammation because of an ear infection she was getting over. Also, her anatomy was a little jumbled. He ended up having to go through a different way. He had to lift up her ear drum to get to the round window which is where he had to go through to implant. It took him about three and a half hours instead of the two hours he estimates. I was talking with my friend Karenina the whole time, so I didn’t know how long it was taking.
- Last time (implant number one), she woke up, was a little doze-y for a while and then was normal. this time she came into her room after surgery and almost immediately started crying. We had the hardest time getting her to calm down. We were very close to giving her some morphine to calm her down, but she finally settled down enough to give her some lortab. This went on for what seemed like an eternity..but then she calmed down and was fine. By that evening she was literally running up and down the halls of Children’s. Then next morning she was a bit wobbly, but snapped out of it by the evening.
- EK is doing fabulous now. She goes for post op on Wednesday…
Next up…Pumpkin Patch with JL and zoo with Caden! Maybe I’ll get to it sometime this week….