So, we’re still here. We’ve been pretty busy, but what’s new? I have to leave to pick the kids up in a couple of minutes, but I just wanted to write a few things we’ve been up to..
- JL is learning his letters, as you can see above. This was done with no prompting of what letter came next or how to write his letters. I think this goes along with what Jeb and I say all the time. JL will be a challenge in school because it’s not that he can’t do it, it’s just that he doesn’t feel like it. Once he decides he wants to do something he excels at it. Just a couple of months ago I was desperately trying to get him to learn his letters. I would bribe him with candy. We would go to the letter rug in the playroom and he was supposed to jump from one letter to the next one I called out. I made a game out of it…a game where you get candy…and he still acted like he had no clue what a “d” or a “p” or an “e” or really any letter I might have called looked like…except for “j” and “l.” And then all the sudden one day he starts to watch Leap Frog and decides it’s cool to be smart.
- JL eats everything in sight still. He will eat dinner and then have a lunchable for “snack” after dinner. He eats a lunchable, yogurt, applesauce, chips, fruit snacks, and juice for lunch every day. He’s not over weight. Apparently he has a high metabolism, or maybe he burns it off while practicing his ninja moves.
- Ella Kate is learning more and soaking more in every day. She is still taking her time on when she wants to start talking in sentences, phrases, or even enunciating an entire word. I still feel like we’re making progress with her. She tries to copy words I say. She also has learned to put her implants and her glasses back on. She tells me when one of her implants falls off by yelling “ahhhh.” We’re still working on the yelling. She gets so excited sometimes and has trouble controlling her volume level.
- Caden is still doing well in school. He’d prefer to stay home and put legos together and watch TV, but he doesn’t fight going to school too badly. He’s learning to read well. He can sound out just about anything. He reads signs to me all the time. He is also learning addition, subtraction, and counting money. I’m pretty sure I didn’t learn any of that in kindergarten. I remember learning about dinosaurs.
- The boys are both playing T-ball this spring. Caden has the same coach he had for soccer, and the assistant coach is a dad of a friend from his class. He has a total of 5 friends on his team. So fun! John Luke has 2 of his best friends on his team. So fun! Caden starts practice Monday. Not sure about JL. We should probably buy them a glove at some point.
- Jeb is working a lot more right now, so we don’t see a whole lot of him. The clinic is staying open until 6pm, and he’s seeing a total of at least 90 patients a day. He’s pretty zapped when he gets home. This week he’s working/worked Monday-Saturday with exception of Thursday, then he’s off Sunday and works Monday and Tuesday. When you’re seeing that many patients and having to stay late to finish up stuff you couldn’t get done during the day, it gets pretty tiring.
So, that’s what’s going on with all of my people. I’m just about the same. Nothing new. Just taking care of my little ones and my hubby. Watching Ninjago with the boys. Cooking dinners. Doing laundry. Washing dishes. Staying up too late. Drinking diet drinks. Surfing the internet for good sales. Pinning stuff on Pinterest. And trying to put my OCD tendencies to good use by organizing Legos…without losing my mind.