It seems all I’ll have time to do for the next few months is update with bullet points, and I’ll tell you why…
- Some of EK’s new words are snack (“ack”), treat (“teat”), drink (“dink”), potty (“pie”), all done (awe), wipe (wi), Poopoo (poopoopoo), Boo boo (boo boo), no (“mo”), walk (“wak”). Other words she says are more, sit, stay, eye,
- The learn to listens she says and recognizes are monkey (ooh for ooh ooh ee ee), cow (moo), cat (eeeeoo for meow), dog (woof woof), snake (ssss), train (oooo for woo woo), boat (puh), car (brrrr for broom beep beep), pig (oink), horse (she tries to do the click noise with her tongue), and that’s all I can remember right now.
- We’re potty training. She’s doing so much better than I anticipated! She has a couple of accidents a day, but she will catch herself if she has an accident and she finishes on the potty. There have been many days we’ve headed out in undies and she’s stayed dry. Tonight we went to JL’s tball game and she stayed completely dry the whole time, and she even drank a Capri Sun while we were there. So proud of my princess.
- Caden read a level “I” book to me. I’m pretty sure that doesn’t mean anything to most of you. I think it’s the level you have to be at to pass 1st grade. Caden is in Kindergarten. Crazy. He asks me how to spell things all the time. Well, bottom line, he just asks questions all the time. He has a zest for knowledge like no other…well…a zest for knowledge just like his daddy. I can’t wait until he’s old enough and I can just tell him to google it when I don’t know the answer.
TBall is in full swing. We’ve made it through the month of practice. JL and Caden both had practice Mondays and Thursdays. Monday they both had practice from 6 to 730. Thursday Caden had practice from 430 to 6 and JL from 6 to 730. We’re having trouble getting home and getting them rested enough to have energy and be level headed during practice (and by they I mean Caden). JL doesn’t have an energy/level headed problem per se. His is more a focus issue.
- JL’s first game was tonight. He only came off the field once because he was bored. I feel like that was a success. He was on 3rd after his last time at bat, and he ran off the field because he needed to potty. Ha! Tomorrow he has another game and then Caden has one more right after it. I liked it a lot more when we only had one kid playing a sport. Caden and JL are already asking to play soccer in the fall. Hoping they decide which sport they want to focus on soon…and hoping they chose different ones.
- I’ve been playing draw something during my down time at night, well doing that, folding clothes, ironing, balancing the checkbook, and snacking a ridiculous amount. I’ve also been watching reruns of Psych. I love Psych! It makes me laugh and is so well written.
We’ve been playing outside a lot! Apparently EK has fairer skin than the rest of us because she’s burned a few times already and it’s only April 2. Nuts. When Jeb’s off work we have such a fun time playing outside as a family! We have fun when I’m home with them too, but it’s just even more fun when daddy’s here too.
- Today Caden had a class field trip to Guillon Farms in Sommerville. It was such a neat little farm. The kids got to see hens and get an egg (and dye it since it’s almost Easter), fish with hot dogs (praise the Lord I didn’t have to bait a hook with worms or crickets), plant grass seeds, ride a wagon, till some soil, milk a cow, pet some chicks, rabbits, goats, have an egg hunt, and play with their friends. By the time it was all said and done Caden was worn out (and so was I). No rest for the weary though. He played on his phone the whole way home, then we stopped for ice-cream and brownies at CFA, and then he had another egg hunt at home. Grangran and Grandaddy came and kept the little two so I could go with Caden and they had eggs ready to hunt. Caden LOVES an Easter egg hunt. I’m starting to think it’s not good for his competitive side though. Here are some photos from the day…