These past 9ish years have been a bit of a blur, college graduation, marriage, moving, medical school, job changes, moving again, more medical school, baby, residency, another baby, more residency, baby number 3, hearing issues, hearing aids, cochlear implants, therapy….and along the way….LOADS of laughs from our little munchkins.
This morning I spilled coffee on my MacBook and while frantically trying to get it off all of these pages and applications were popping up, and I saw a Pages document where I copied all my Facebook status updates from the past years. I died laughing at some of them…at the risk of you thinking this is way less funny than I do, I am going to share some of the updates with you.
- “Caden just told me he puts his necklace on when he wants to look his best.” May 2009 (4 yrs. old)
- For part of family worship we made shadrach, meshach, and abednego out of sugar cookies. I put them in “fiery furnace”(oven) and accidentally left them in too long. I burned them. oops…family worship lesson gone awry.
- Read David and Goliath to caden & was talking about life application. Caden said “David got Goliath just like Peter Pan got Captain Hook.” – June 2009 (4 years old)
- I say, “Caden,what did you learn about in sunday school?”. He says, “recycling” – October 2009 (almost 5 yrs. old)
- Caden wrote a letter to Santa at the mall. It said, How was your summer?, How was your day?, and What’s your favorite place? – December 2009 (5 years old)
- After singing The 1st Noel during family worship…Jeb: Caden, do you know what Noel means? Caden: No, it’s the 1st Snow Elf. Not Noel. -December 2009 (5 years old)
- “I made a Bethlehem star that does everything. It even shoots baby Jesus dolls out of the top.” -Caden – January 2010 (5 years old)
- Me: I’d like to take a shower in peace. Please only come back here if you are dying. Caden: what kind of dying? – January 2010 (5 years old)
- Caden to Jeb and I: ”because sometimes you’re wrong and I’m right. Because you don’t know everything.”Jeb: “You’re right, I don’t know everything, but I know more than you. And I know you need a nap.” February 2010 (5 years old)
- JL: Girls smell like eggs Me: Who taught you that? JL: Um, boys. – February 2010 (5 years old)
- “Don’t yike go home. Ride pirates.” -JL (Translation: he wants to ride pirates of the Caribbean instead of going home) April 2010 (2 years old)
- While playing a game on the iPod touch Caden says, ” Mom, I’m calling these knights woman because they are annoying.” I have no idea where he gets this stuff. July 2010 (5 years old)
- Jeb to all the ppl at the outlet mall: “I know I look cool in my swagger wagon drinking my juice box. You all want me but you can’t have me. “
- ”I don’t want to live in China because they take your Bible away and you have to pee in a hole.” -Caden. I love that kid. August 2010 (5 years old)
- JL’s note from his PreK teacher: “Had a great day. Very well behaved. All the girls want to play with him.”
- JL & I had a long convo about Jesus dying and rising again, the soldiers, the cross, etc. I said, you know what we say? He is risen. He is risen indeed. He said, “You know what we say about Alabama football? Roll tide.” February 2011 (3 years old)
- C: what is a pound? I explain… C: you know, if you replace 3 tbsp of sugar a day with Splenda, you could lose up to 10 lbs in a year? Me: where did you hear that?!? C: the T-E-V-E. February 2011 (5 years old)
- Jeb: Caden this is important…tell me the lead singer of U2. Caden: Barak Obama Jeb: no. That’s the president of the United states. Caden: Bono!! Jeb: yes! Next is aaaddd… JL: Adam and Eve!! Jeb: no adam Clayton. September 2011 (Caden-5, JL-3)
- Me to c: neena asked how much the tooth fairy brings at our house.
C: looks at me with a furrowed brow…”she’s not real…just like leprechauns aren’t real” December 2011 (6 years old)